Engineers Canada currently has a permanent, full-time opening for an experienced Executive Assistant, reporting to the CEO. The Executive Assistant provides a high level of support to managers. The Executive Assistant plays a key role in establishing and maintaining an administrative infrastructure that facilitates the activities of a diverse team of professionals.
The Executive Assistant will be assigned various complex tasks in order to support the Executive Team. In addition, the Executive Assistant acts as the coordinator for various committees and working groups and is required to arrange logistics, prepare and distribute agendas, and take minutes.
The incumbent liaises at all levels with staff, volunteers, the engineering regulators, and government and takes initiative in solving problems and maintaining strong working relationships within the parameters of the position.
The Executive Assistant has access to sensitive information, and must ensure a high degree of confidentiality, integrity, and loyalty.
- Provides a variety of administrative tasks to the Executive Office Team, including Human Resources and Finance.
- Coordinates and organizes meetings for various team members.
- Manages and coordinates webinars, agendas and minutes for a variety of committees.
- Assists in the preparation of documentation and follow up of action items.
- Reviews and formats various written material prepared by others to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinates travel arrangements, processes expense claims, and registrations related to meetings and conferences.
- In the Executive Office Team’s absence, responds to urgent requests either directly or by referring the matter to the appropriate individual.
- Assists with the maintenance of policies and procedures, documents, files, databases, and systems.
Education: Post-secondary education in office administration or the equivalent with several years in a multi-tasking environment.
Experience: Minimum of (5) five years of senior level administrative support experience
- Demonstrated profiency in office and administrative skills.
- Capacity to work under pressure with attention to detail. Must be able to simultaneously address numerous tasks and priorties.
- Tact, diplomacy, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and innovative when problem solving.
- Experience working with the wide diversity of cultures within staff, volunteers, clients, and the community in general.
- Advanced skills with MS Office suite; knowledge of Sharepoint and the Office 365 suite of online tools.
Language: Proficiency in English and French is required.
There is some latitude to consider the most appropriate procedure or precedent to follow to achieve Engineers Canada’s objectives. Patterned thinking is required to identify the most appropriate choices based on experience. The application of judgment, and the selection of solutions within the area of expertise and acquired knowledge.
The position operates within standardized practices and procedures, general work instructions, and review of progress and results.
The majority of time is spent in a comfortable office environment with frequent opportunity to move about at will. There is a requirement to meet tight deadlines from time to time. Regular use of a personal computer and other office equipment is required. On occasion some overtime outside of working hours may be required.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email, no later than September 27th, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.