Engineers Canada currently has a permanent, full-time opening for an experienced Finance Officer who will reconcile bank and other balance sheet accounts, will focus on generating monthly financial statements, ensuring proper internal controls are adhered to and will support the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Support month-end, and year-end closing processes (journal entries for revenue recognition, cost accruals, account analysis, etc.);
- Produce internal monthly financial statements respecting deadlines established by Management.
- Prepare supporting financial analysis;
- Prepare monthly reconciliations (Bank, AR, AP);
- Review and process fixed assets and prepaid expenses ensuring accuracy of the monthly adjusting journal entries;
- Assists in the preparation of annual budget and quarterly forecasts;
- Ensure adherence and observation of internal controls and identify and implement solutions to control weaknesses;
- Support annual external financial statement audit (i.e. working papers, reconciliations, variance analysis, other support as requested);
- Other assignments as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Accounting University or College Degree/Diploma.
- Minimum 4 years experience carrying out similar duties within the not-for-profit sector.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Work requires willingness to sometimes work a flexible schedule.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Highly skilled in MS Excel (sorting, filters, pivot tables etc.), with a good working knowledge of rest of MS Office (Outlook, PowerPoint and Word).
- Highly skilled in MS Business Central.
- Skilled in SharePoint.
- Strong interpersonal/ communication skills.
- CPA designation preferred but not required.
Language: Proficiency in English is required.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email, no later than Friday, January 17, 2020, to email@example.com.
Engineers Canada is not responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes received from recruitment agencies.