Engineers Canada invites applications for the position of Governance Administrator. The Governance Administrator provides a high level of support to the Board and Board Committees and ensures the successful delivery of Board and Board committee meetings and events.
- Provides support and serves as administrative liaison to Board members, develops positive relationships with volunteers and stakeholders, helps onboard new volunteers, and responds to inquiries.
- Leads a cross-department team to plan, organize and deliver Board and Board committee meetings and events, and manages the continual improvement process for these meetings.
- Coordinates development of the Board meeting agenda with staff at all levels, assembles the agenda, coordinates the translation process, prepares all meeting minutes, organizes resources, and follows up on action items.
- Maintains all Board policies and processes, ensuring the Board Policy Manual is up-to-date, and providing guidance to staff and board members regarding policy changes and use of the manual.
- Disseminates information to board and committee members; writes correspondence; proofs and edits documents; manages internal information; and assists with developing and recommending communications content (e.g. web pages, newsletter articles, etc.).
- Supports the Secretary in providing independent advice and acting as an impartial resource to the Board to ensure the maintenance of corporate records and compliance with Board policies and processes, governing documents (bylaw), and applicable law.
Qualifications and Experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working with a board of directors or board appointed committe.
- Proven ability to work positively with internal and external customers, providing superior service and support in a busy, demanding environment with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Experience in agenda preparation, minute preparation, and drafting of written materials.
- Experience in managing competing priorities and coordinating events.
- Experience working with the wide diversity of cultures within staff, volunteers, and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of policy governance would be an asset.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of products; knowledge of Sharepoint would be an asset
Language: Proficiency in English is required; proficiency in French is desirable.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by email, no later than June 21st, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.