Engineers Canada currently has a permanent, full-time opening for an experienced Manager, Qualifications who directs the operations of the Qualifications Board and is accountable for one direct report. The Manager establishes and maintains effective working relationships with Qualifications Board members and other stakeholders and acts as a resource for matters related to admission, continuing competence, ethics, practice and enforcement issues. In addition, the Manager conducts research, writes and manages contracts for the development, review and dissemination of guidelines, white papers and examinations syllabi.
- Provides strategic advice and secretariat services and to the Qualifications Board and its committees.
- Develops timely and evidence-based communications (website content, communications plans, key messaging) and briefing materials (agendas, briefing notes, presentations, reports, etc.)
- Directs the operations of the Qualifications Board including work plans, contracts, and budget.
- Coordinates national consultations with the official groups and other stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains relationships with Qualifications Board members and the official groups including the CEO Group, the Accreditation Board and Engineers Canada Board.
Education: University degree
- Five years of experience in the area of professional regulation, national public policy or related field.
- Five to eight years of experience conducting research, writing briefing materials, providing strategic advice and building consensus though communications and consultations.
- Demonstrated Management and team leadership skills and experience with staff or volunteers, and proven ability to motivate and inspire teams.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to build credibility and maintain collaborative and/or trusting relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Experience consulting and working with a wide diversity of cultures within staff, volunteers, clients, students, faculty and other stakeholders.
Language: Proficiency in English and French is required.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email, no later than April 20th, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.