Engineers Canada currently has a permanent, full-time opening for an experienced leader who will be the primary contact with staff of the Canadian engineering regulators and will manage programs, projects, tools, meetings and services for them. All work will be in support of regulation of the engineering profession, and the regulatory activities of the Canadian engineering regulators. The Manager, Regulator Liaison will work closely with and engage a variety of key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Establishes, maintains and strengthens relationships with staff from the Canadian engineering regulators, volunteers, and other organizations involved in regulatory activities.
- Plans, organizes and facilitates meetings of the staff of the Canadian engineering regulators, both face-to-face and virtually including meeting logistics, preparation of agenda and minutes, and following up on identified action items.
- Provides research, expertise and support in developing national guidelines, policies, procedures, practices, projects and programs covering the core regulatory functions of licensure (admissions), professional practice, discipline and enforcement.
- Oversees and manages staff working on programs and projects related to foreign credential recognition for internationally educated engineers in support of the Canadian engineering regulators.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree
- Registration as a professional engineer in Canada and/or education in engineering desirable.
- A proven ability to build credibility and maintain trusting relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Proficient in the use of project management principles, practices, and tools with a track record of delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Previous knowledge of professional regulation and the Canadian engineering regulatory regime considered an asset.
- Experience working with the wide diversity of cultures within staff, volunteers, clients, and the community in general.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office suite of products; previous experience with SharePoint an asset.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email, no later than June 21, 2019 to email@example.com.