Engineers Canada currently has temporary 20 month full-time opening for an experienced Planning, Event and Change Practitioner who would be responsible for supporting the delivery of meetings and events of varying size and complexity and is a key to ensuring Engineers Canada’s operational and improvement initiatives are successfully delivered. This role supports initiative leaders in designing, planning and delivering change at a level of quality that maximizes stakeholder adoption and balances time, scope, and cost. As a member of the Organizational Excellence team the Planning, Event and Change Practitioner also contributes to the evolution of organizational methodologies and supports Engineers Canada’s work in meeting the Excellence Canada, Excellence, Wellness and Innovation® standard.
- Leads and manages all aspects of change initiatives related to preparing for change, managing change and reinforcing change as follows:
- Works collaboratively with sponsors, project leaders/managers, and national stakeholder groups supporting change efforts,
- Works with project leaders/managers and business analysts to analyze impact, design, develop and implement elements related to the change,
- Provides direct support in Change Management practices;
- Supports and in some cases leads all aspects of project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and controlling, and closure as follows:
- Prepares for the change through the development of change management strategies, the case for change and preparing change management resources,
- Manages the change through the development of integrated change management plans and implementation of those plans,
- Reinforces the change through effective monitoring mechanisms and implement corrective actions where necessary;
- Supports the successful delivery of in-person and virtual meetings/events by providing client focused meeting/event planning and delivery services by:
- Understanding and effectively managing changes in meeting / event owner requirements,
- Developing, monitoring and controlling budget for meetings/events,
- Developing and delivering on meeting/event logistics workplans,
- Leading the contract and RFP process for Engineers Canada’s meetings and events which includes site inspections and contract negotiations,
- Establishing and managing effective vendor/supplier relationships,
- Educating meeting/event stakeholders in Engineers Canada’s meeting/event planning and delivery and continually improving these practices;
- Maintaining documentation (lists, templates, guidelines) associated with meeting and event planning and delivery;
- Supports the Organizational Excellence Team in the development and continuous improvement of organizational methodologies.
- Post-secondary education in project management, change management, event planning and/or related discipline or education.
- Experience delivering projects requiring the application of project and change management practices in the areas of business process and technology changes.
- Experience establishing, monitoring, and maintaining a budget.
- Experience in coordination and planning meetings and events.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and experience working with the wide diversity of cultures within staff, volunteers, and stakeholders and a proven ability to build relationships, establish alliances and influence, negotiate, and build credibility internally and externally.
- Experience leading and managing organizational change and business process improvements.
- Experience integrating Change Management and Project Management methodologies.
- Proven track record of building consensus and leading change.
- Proven track record of stakeholder engagement and management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite, SharePoint and Office 365 Suite online tools.
- Experience with or certification in ADKAR® Prosci methodology or equivalent, or pursuing one of this designation.
- PMP®or CAPM® designation in Canada, or pursuing one of these designations.
- Proficiency in English and French is required.
Has some latitude to consider which, among many diversified procedures, should be followed to achieve the Ends of Engineers Canada. Variable thinking is required for the identification of issues, the application of judgment, and the selection of solutions within the area of expertise and acquired knowledge.
The position operates within practices and procedures covered by precedents or well-defined policies and review of end results.
The majority of time is spent in a comfortable office environment with frequent opportunity to move about at will. There is a requirement to meet tight deadlines from time to time. Regular use of a personal computer and other office equipment is required. There is a requirement to occasionally work extra hours and to travel infrequently within Canada.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email, no later than October 30th, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.