The Governance, Strategic Planning, and Consultation (GSPC) Project is a key priority for Engineers Canada. The work was launched in March 2017 and will continue until 2019.
The Project consists of four work packages being conducted simultaneously over the life of the project:
- Updates to the governance model
- Development of a sustainable planning process
- Development of an effective process for ongoing consultation with Regulators, the CEO Group and other key stakeholders
- Operationalizing the consultation and strategic planning processes with Engineers Canada staff
Currently, the project is working under the guidance of the Governance Committee to consult with the engineering regulators on governance improvements. The main topics of the current consultation are:
- The Guiding Principles for governance
- The Purpose of Engineers Canada
- The Purpose of the Board of Engineers Canada
- Structure of the Board of Engineers Canada
- Number of Directors on the Engineers Canada Board
Concurrent with the governance work the Executive Committee is working on the development of the FY 2019-2021 Strategic Plan. Regulators will be consulted on the Strategic Plan in the Spring of 2018.
On October 11, 2017 a webinar was held for regulators to prepare them for the fall round consultations. For those who could not participate, a recording is available below.