Engineers Canada exists to provide national support and leadership on behalf of the engineering regulators in Canada to promote and maintain the integrity, honor, and interests of the profession.
To protect the health and safety of its employees, Engineers Canada has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to any medical or other human rights grounds. Any offer of employment from Engineers Canada will therefore be conditional upon the provision of proof of vaccination or proof of a medical reason preventing vaccination.
The Accreditation Program Advisor develops, sustains, and supports programs that promote effective performance of Engineers Canada’s accreditation system through policy analysis, training, and volunteer management.
- Leads the implementation and evaluation of an effective volunteer management program for the Accreditation Board, its sub-committees, and task forces.
- Leads the implementation, evaluation, and continual improvement of an effective training program for the Accreditation Board, its sub-committees, accreditation visiting teams, and institutions receiving accreditation visits.
- Supports the CEAB’s Policies and Procedures Committee, Accountability in Accreditation Committee, and ad hoc policy-related working groups/task forces through the development of high-quality briefing notes and policy analysis, meeting coordination, agenda building and work plan monitoring, national consultation planning and execution, and report writing.
- Develops accreditation-related communication activities through presentations, website content, emails, newsletters, and social media.
- Conducts research such as environmental scans, literature reviews, and surveys to inform policy recommendations to the Accreditation Board, its sub-committees, and task forces.
- Develops strategies to monitor and implement Accreditation Board work plan items through in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Contributes to the implementation, monitoring, and reporting of accreditation process improvement measures identified by the Accreditation Board or the accreditation team.
Job Qualifications and Education
- Graduate from a recognized University, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of (3) three years of experience, in the area, of training, volunteer management, or policy analysis.
- Proficient in reviewing/proofreading documentation, with good attention to detail.
- Knowledge of accreditation principles, methods, and tools.
- Proficient in the use of Project Management principles, practices, and tools with a track record of delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Experience working with the wide diversity of cultures within staff, volunteers, clients, and the community in general.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office 365 Business, SharePoint, and Microsoft Teams.
- Experience working in a professional association/not-for-profit organization.
Language: Proficiency in English and French is required.
Working Conditions: There is a requirement to occasionally work weekends, evenings as well as occasional travel within Canada.
Location: 55 Metcalfe Street, Suite 300, Ottawa, Ontario K1P 6L5
Please submit a cover letter and resume, by e-mail no later than May 23, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.