Engineers Canada exists to provide national support and leadership on behalf of the engineering regulators in Canada to promote and maintain the integrity, honor, and interests of the profession.
To protect the health and safety of its employees, Engineers Canada has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to any medical or other human rights grounds. Any offer of employment from Engineers Canada will therefore be conditional upon the provision of proof of vaccination or proof of a medical reason preventing vaccination.
Engineers Canada has an opening for a Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Analyst to advance the organization’s overarching EDI strategy by developing, analysing, and monitoring progress towards our EDI and outreach strategic goals. The EDI Analyst is primarily responsible for assisting the Manager, Belonging and Engagement and the Advisor, Equity and Belonging in supporting organization-wide EDI initiatives and special projects.
- Supports the EDI and Outreach team through qualitative and quantitative research using data analytics, conducting environmental scans, creating, and distributing surveys and synthesizing reports and information. This role will also support the discovery, evaluation, and modification of existing resources to support our EDI and outreach work.
- Contributes as an EDI subject matter expert supporting the identification, sharing and development of EDI resources in support of our national networks and working groups.
- Supports the development, refinement, and monitoring of performance metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of EDI, outreach and engagement programs and initiatives.
- Supports national committees and working groups by preparing and delivering presentations, sharing resources, translating data and research into written reports, tables, graphs, and charts.
- Monitors progress related to Engineers Canada’s Indigenous Engagement Plan.
- Supports the Manager, Public Affairs by conducting environmental scans and synthesizing reports as needed.
- Supports all research, consultation and information collection activities related to EDI and Outreach including consultations with post-secondary institutions, regulators, NGOs, government, and partner organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications and Education
- Graduate from a recognized University, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience with strategic initiative project management, process and performance improvement, data analytics and reporting metrics required.
- Experience in enacting anti-oppressive methodologies or EDI principles.
- Proven track record with strong written and oral communication, analytical skills, data visualization and project management skills; high level of attention to detail and accuracy; ability to routinely manage large data sets, required.
- Experience researching and supporting demographic data collection.
- Experience in conducting analytical research, policy development and analysis is a plus. Experience working with a wide diversity of cultures within staff, volunteers, clients, and the community in general.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving and time management skills with the ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with and influence others.
Desirable: Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office 365 Business, SharePoint, and Microsoft Teams.
Language: Proficiency in English is required. Proficiency in French is an asset
Working Conditions (Hybrid): There is a requirement to work a minimum of (3) three days/week in the office for the first (3) three months of employment and to occasionally work weekends and evenings. This position may require occasionally travel within Canada.
Location: 55 Metcalfe Street, Suite 300, Ottawa, Ontario K1P 6L5
Please submit a cover letter and resume, by e-mail no later than October 3, 2022.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.