Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board’s 2019 white paper - Curriculum content measurement: Beyond the AU
We are seeking stakeholder feedback on recommendations 1 and 2 of the white paper “Curriculum content measurement: Beyond the AU white paper recommendations”. The objectives of the consultation are to:
- Inform stakeholders that a reduction in the minimum program total in criterion 3.4.6 from 1,950 to 1,850 AUs is being considered.
- Inform stakeholders that replacing the AU definition for the minimum curriculum elements in criteria 3.4.2–3.4.5 with the percentages as proposed in the paper being considered.
- Investigate stakeholder reaction to the report recommendations.
- Consolidate and synthesize stakeholder feedback with the objective of putting forward a list of recommendations for implementation.
- Identify barriers to change if the report recommendations are adopted.
- Develop a reasonable implementation plan that accommodates the diverse viewpoints of stakeholders.
We will be consulting with stakeholders between August 6 and November 15, 2019.
Document for consultation
Stakeholders being consulted
- boards of examiners
- academic review committees
- admissions officials
- Higher education institutions
- National Council of Deans of Engineering and Applied Science (NCDEAS)
- Dean’s Liaison Committee (DLC)
- Engineers Canada
- Accreditation Board
- Qualifications Board
- Canadian Federation of Engineering Students
- background on the white paper’s development
- an overview of the white paper recommendations
- the ways by which we will consult with each stakeholder group.
The CEAB secretariat will be scheduling meetings with groups of stakeholders to collect their feedback during the consultation period.
Stakeholders are also invited to also provide a written response which should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
300-55 Metcalfe Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 6L5
Written responses must be received by November 15, 2019.
After the consultation closing date, the CEAB will carefully review the feedback received and a summary of the findings will be posted.
For more information contact Mya Warken, Manager, Accreditation, email@example.com