There are two consultations underway. One is to consider proposed criteria changes. The other is to better understand what the stakeholders require from the accreditation system.
- Forum on Accreditation
We invite all interested parties to attend the Forum on Accreditation on August 17 and 18, 2016 at the Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel, 901 Dixon Road, Toronto, ON.
The Forum will focus on clarifying a shared vision for the future of accreditation and will explore the roles of all stakeholders within an open and collaborative accreditation process. We are seeking input from a diversity of stakeholders to explore the issues and arrive at a viable way forward within an accreditation system that is well understood and broadly supported.
The outcome of accreditation is to ensure that engineers, graduates meet the academic requirements for admission to the profession, but there are many voices involved in how that needs to be done. We want to hear as many voices as possible during this Forum.
While the Forum is open to all interested parties, we expect that the Engineers Canada Board, the Accreditation Board, engineering regulators, engineering deans, industry and engineering students to be represented amongst the 100 or so participants. The event is being guided by a professional facilitation team and is designed to support and capture the multiple points of view needed to help clarify a fresh approach for the future of accreditation.
We need leaders and decision makers at this event. Your participation will make a difference and we ask that you please make time to be part of creating a shared vision for a Canadian accreditation process that continues at the level of excellence for which it is known and that serves all of the stakeholders it impacts.
Please see the Final Agenda for information about the schedule for the Forum.
To ensure we consider all issues at the Forum, we invite you to provide comments through the online survey.
For more information and to register to attend the Forum, please follow this link: Forum on Accreditation.
Submissions on the Future of the Accreditation System:
- Survey Results - Consultation on the Future of Accreditation 2016
- Survey Results - Consultations sur l’avenir de l’agrément 2016
- CRÉIQ / QCESO
- APEGBC Submission
- NCDEAS White Paper
- F. Collins Comments on NCDEAS Proposed use of Syllabi
- Accredited Engineering Degree Programs in Canada
- Consultation on proposed criteria changes
We are currently consulting on proposed changes to accreditation criteria for the 2017-18 cycle to inform the recommendations that the Accreditation Board will make to the Engineers Canada Board at the September 2016 Board meeting.
The consultation on proposed criteria changes conducted by Georges Lozano, MPA, CAE is now complete. Please see the Consultant’s Report on Proposed Criteria Changes.
Please submit additional comments for consideration to email@example.com.
Submissions on the Proposed Criteria Changes:
- Consultant’s Report on Proposed Criteria Changes
- APEGA Position Statement
- Submissions from Past Chairs of the Accreditation Board
- M. Isaacson Response to Proposed Criteria Changes
- University of Waterloo Response
- OIQ Response
- Consultation on proposed criteria changes May 2016
- Draft Accreditation Criteria for the 2017-18 Cycle
- Draft Interpretive Statement on Proposed Criteria 3.4.6
- Best Practice in Accreditation of Engineering Programmes: An Exemplar, from ENAEE and IEA (April 2016)
- Graduate Attributes and Accreditation, by Michael Isaacson , Ph.D., P.Eng. (spring 2016)
- Graduate Attributes
- Outcome-based Education and Engineering Education Accreditation Damien Owens, Chartered Engineer, FIEI (April 2016)
- Current Accreditation Criteria and Procedures
- Motion approving next steps (February 2016)
- Motion initiating the Consultation (September 30, 2015)
Report of the Consultation Group (February 2016)
- Report of the Consultation Group on Engineering Instruction and Accreditation English version
- Rapport du Groupe de consultation sur la formation et l’agrément en génie Version française
January 7, 2016 webinar documents
- Comparison Table – Current and Proposed
- Considerations for Accreditation
- Supplementary Q&As
- Consultation Document (version 2)
December 4, 2015 webinar documents