Engineers Canada logo

Equivalency for qualifications outside of Canada

International Engineers Looking to Practise in Canada

In Canada, engineering is a regulated profession and international engineers moving to Canada require a licence in each province or territory where they intend to practise. This is true whether you are moving to Canada permanently or merely for a period of time.

To understand what is involved with licensing as an engineer in Canada, the best place to start is the Roadmap to Engineering in Canada website.

International mobility agreements and registers

Several international agreements and registers exist to help facilitate the movement of engineers among different countries.

The adoption and recognition of agreements by the Canadian engineering regulators varies across Canada. For information on whether an agreement is recognized in a specific province or territory, consult with the individual Canadian engineering regulatory bodies.

  1. Multinational agreements
  2. Country-specific agreements
  3. International Registers

For more information

For more information contact Maria Arrieta, Manager, Foreign Credential Recognition at