Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board’s 2019 paper - Curriculum content measurement: Beyond the AU
Between August 6 and November 15, 2019, we consulted with stakeholders on recommendations 1 and 2 of the paper “Curriculum content measurement: Beyond the AU Engineers Canada paper recommendations”. The objectives of the consultation were to:
- Inform stakeholders that a reduction in the minimum program total in criterion 3.4.6 from 1,950 to 1,850 AUs is being considered.
- Inform stakeholders that replacing the AU definition for the minimum curriculum elements in criteria 3.4.2–3.4.5 with the percentages as proposed in the paper being considered.
- Investigate stakeholder reaction to the report recommendations.
- Consolidate and synthesize stakeholder feedback with the objective of putting forward a list of recommendations for implementation.
- Identify barriers to change if the report recommendations are adopted.
- Develop a reasonable implementation plan that accommodates the diverse viewpoints of stakeholders.
Curriculum content measurement: Beyond the AU
Summary of consultation findings:
Report on the 2019 consultation on the Curriculum content measurement: Beyond the AU paper recommendations.