We are seeking stakeholder feedback on recommendations 1, 2 and 3 of the “Engineering design task force report”. The objectives of the consultation are to:
- Inform stakeholders of an alternate definition of engineering design (and therefore revisions to the Design Graduate Attribute, Criterion 220.127.116.11, and development of a new interpretive statement on engineering design) is being considered.
- Investigate stakeholder reaction to the report recommendations.
- Consolidate and synthesize stakeholder feedback with the objective of putting forward a list of recommendations for implementation.
- Identify barriers to change if the report recommendations are adopted.
- Develop a reasonable implementation plan that accommodates the diverse viewpoints of stakeholders.
We will be consulting with stakeholders between October 1 and December 4, 2020.
Document for consultation
Stakeholders being consulted
- CEEA Design Education/Design Communication Special Interest Group
- Canadian Federation of Engineering Students
- Engineers Canada
- Accreditation Board
- Qualifications Board
- Higher education institutions
- Engineering Deans Canada (EDC)
- NSERC Design Chairs
- boards of examiners
- academic review committees
- admissions officials
Stakeholders are invited to also provide a written response which should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
300-55 Metcalfe Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 6L5
Written responses must be received by December 4, 2020.
After the consultation closing date, the CEAB will carefully review the feedback received and a summary of the findings will be posted.
For more information contact Mya Warken, Manager, Accreditation and CEAB Secretary email@example.com