Between October 1 and December 4, 2020 we consulted with stakeholders on a proposed new definition and interpretive statement for a definition of engineering design to be used in the CEAB accreditation criteria.
The objectives of the consultation were to:
- Inform stakeholders of an alternate definition of engineering design (and therefore revisions to the Design Graduate Attribute, Criterion 188.8.131.52, and development of a new interpretive statement on engineering design) is being considered.
- Investigate stakeholder reaction to the report recommendations.
- Consolidate and synthesize stakeholder feedback with the objective of putting forward a list of recommendations for implementation.
- Identify barriers to change if the report recommendations are adopted.
- Develop a reasonable implementation plan that accommodates the diverse viewpoints of stakeholders.
For more information contact Elise Guest, Accreditation Program Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineering design task force report
Accreditation Criteria and Procedures Report 2019
Summary of consultation findings:
Report of the CEAB Definition of Engineering Design Task Force