Engineers Canada has submitted its pre-budget recommendations to the House of Commons Standing Committee on Finance for its consideration in developing the 2017 federal budget.
The submission included seven recommendations that impact the engineering profession and that Engineers Canada believes would contribute to the country’s economic growth and innovation, to the benefit of all Canadians:
- Invest in labour market data collection
- Fund bridging and training programs for students and recent grads
- Establish bursaries, scholarships and programs to encourage diversity in STEM workplaces
- Facilitate the transition for newcomers to Canada
- Invest in the Engineering Change Lab
- Provide funding to infrastructure owners for climate vulnerability assessments
- Expand high-capacity broadband internet and telecommunications in remote communities
Read the full pre-budget submission on Engineers Canada’s Government Submissions page.