The Governance, Strategic Planning, and Consultation (GSPC) Project is a key priority for Engineers Canada. The work was launched in March 2017 and will continue until 2019.
The Project consists of four work packages being conducted simultaneously over the life of the project:
- Updates to the governance model
- Development of a sustainable planning process
- Development of an effective process for ongoing consultation with Regulators, the CEO Group and other key stakeholders
- Operationalizing the consultation and strategic planning processes with Engineers Canada staff
On December 1, the project concluded it’s first round of consultations with regulators. The main topics of the consultations included:
- The Guiding Principles for governance
- The Purpose of Engineers Canada
- The Purpose of the Board of Engineers Canada
- Structure of the Board of Engineers Canada
- Number of Directors on the Engineers Canada Board
On December 15, 2017, a webinar was held to share the outcomes from those consultations. Based on the findings, the Executive Committee is working on the development of the 2019-2021 Strategic Plan. Consultation with the regulators on the Strategic Plan will begin in the Spring of 2018.
For those who could not participate in the consultation outcomes webinar, a recording is available below.