Posting Date: January 13, 2023
Location: 55 Metcalfe Street, Suite 300, Ottawa, Ontario
Job Type: Contract Full-Time
Contract End Date: December 15, 2024
Application Submission Date: January 27, 2023
Engineers Canada exists to provide national support and leadership on behalf of the engineering regulators in Canada to promote and maintain the integrity, honour, and interests of the profession.
We foster a work environment that challenges and empowers employees, promotes learning, teamwork, and innovation, and recognizes achievement. Employees aspire to a high-performance culture that is focused on results and represents the combination of collaboration and clear direction with scope for autonomy.
We need great people, creative ideas, and effective management of our resources. We require committed individuals who can exercise leadership at all levels in the organization. Come and join our team!
About the role
We are hiring for a Communications Specialist who will develop and execute the communications strategy for the organization and its programs and projects. This includes working with program leaders across all units of Engineers Canada to successfully advance Engineers Canada’s strategic objectives. The Communications Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of communications planning, from strategic design, writing and editing, working with external vendors, and executing communications and marketing campaigns across both digital and traditional channels. This individual will also be responsible for engaging on social media and contributing to our periodicals.
- Working with managers, internal client team members, communications team members, subject matter experts, stakeholders, and vendors to develop and execute strategic communication activities to advance the success of Engineers Canada’s strategic plan and annual operating plan.
- Writing and editing strategically aligned content for digital and traditional media, including but not limited to social media, promotional materials, web copy, articles, press releases, speeches, presentations, reports, and training materials.
- Researching and leveraging emergent communications trends and technologies to improve Engineers Canada communications program and its outputs.
- Using website analytics, social media analytics, surveys, and other performance indicators to measure the success of Engineers Canada’s communications products, such as websites and periodicals, and to continually improve their focus, reach, and impact.
- Developing video, image, and graphic design assets both directly and in conjunction with external vendors to support communications initiatives.
- Contributing to internal communication activities.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Graduate from a recognized University, specializing in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of (5) five years of experience in a communication related role.
- Experience in the development and execution of communications strategies, including the use of social media, marketing approaches, media relations, and web-site content management.
- Experience in the preparation of articles, speeches, presentations, briefing notes, key messages, and other similar materials, including digital content.
- Experience transforming detailed and complex material into concise, coherent, and accessible communications assets.
- Proficient in the use of Project Management principles, practices, and tools with a track record of delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Experience working with a wide diversity of cultures within staff, volunteers, clients, and community in general.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office 365 Business, SharePoint, and Microsoft Teams.
- Proficiency in English is required. Proficiency in French is an asset.
About our working conditions
This is a full-time, contract position that is based out of our Ottawa head office.
There is a requirement to work three (3) days in a week from the office during the first three months and to occasionally work extra hours including weekends and evenings.
About our hiring practices
Engineers Canada is committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. Please advise us if you require special accommodation. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
To protect the health and safety of its employees, Engineers Canada has implemented a COVID-19 vaccination policy, which requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to any medical or other human rights grounds. Any offer of employment from Engineers Canada will be conditional upon the provision of proof of vaccination or proof of a medical reason preventing vaccination.
About our benefits
A National Capital Regions Top Employer since 2017, Engineers Canada provides a generous compensation and benefits program.
- Company events
- Flexible hours
- Extended Health care
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance
How to apply
Please click on Apply to submit a cover letter and resume, by January 27, 2023. If you have any difficulties with your online application, please contact us at email@example.com