Posting Date: April 14, 2023
Location: 55 Metcalfe Street, Suite 300, Ottawa, Ontario
Contract End Date: August 25, 2023
Job Type: Contract Full-Time (3-months)
Application Submission Date: April 28, 2023
Engineers Canada exists to provide national support and leadership on behalf of the engineering regulators in Canada to promote and maintain the integrity, honour, and interests of the profession.
We foster a work environment that challenges and empowers employees, promotes learning, teamwork, and innovation, and recognizes achievement. Employees aspire to a high-performance culture that is focused on results and represents the combination of collaboration and clear direction with scope for autonomy.
We need great people, creative ideas, and effective management of our resources. We require committed individuals who can exercise leadership at all levels in the organization. Come and join our team!
Engineers Canada has an opening for a summer student to assist with:
- Data collection and synthesis of reports, including the discipline and enforcement activities survey, professional practices tables, admissions reference points table, and Engineers Canada’s National Membership Report.
- Conducting preliminary research, monitoring and analysis of government initiatives for the development of national reports
- Administrative tasks including meeting planning, virtual meetings support and logistics, development of meeting agendas, documentation and minutes, and assistance with an internal data clean-up and migration project.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to rotate through several departments at Engineers Canada, gaining knowledge of our work related to professional regulation in engineering, accreditation, member services, equity, diversity, and inclusion, and public policy. This opportunity is well suited to an analytical and motivated undergraduate student who is keen to gain experience synthesizing data, develop an understanding of professional regulation, and contribute government relations.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum second-year standing at a post-secondary institution in a related discipline.
- Experienced in and enjoys gathering and synthesizing statistical data, and report writing.
- Adept in the use of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Word and SharePoint.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new software.
- Ability to bring projects to completion.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working with a wide diversity of cultures within staff, volunteers, clients, students, faculty and other stakeholders.
- Proficiency in English is required. Proficiency in French is an asset.
About our working conditions
This is a full-time, contract position that is based out of our Ottawa head office.
There is a requirement to work three (3) days in a week from the office for the duration of the contract.
The successful candidate will be available to start in June and remain until August 25, 2023.
About our hiring practices
Engineers Canada is committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. Please advise us if you require special accommodation. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
About our benefits
A National Capital Regions Top Employer since 2017, Engineers Canada provides a generous compensation and benefits program.
- Company events
- Flexible hours
How to apply
Please click on Apply to submit a cover letter and resume, by April 28, 2023. If you have any difficulties with your online application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org