Engineering Labour Market in Canada: Projections to 2025
What labour market information is available through Engineers Canada?
Engineers Canada, through its partnership with the Centre for Spatial Economics, has developed the report, Engineering Labour Market in Canada: Projections to 2025. The report characterizes current supply and demand needs for engineers and projects through to the year 2025.
Why does Engineers Canada track this information?
To provide timely and accurate labour market information that will improve decisions by stakeholders including:
- recruiters and those seeking employment
- potential and new international engineering graduates
- faculty and students in engineering programs
- federal and provincial government officials managing immigration and other labour market policies
- the provincial and territorial engineering regulatory bodies
How are the Labour Market Information Reports developed?
- Data is collected and analyzed by an independent research firm, the Centre for Spatial Economics (C4SE)
- Engineers Canada shares the report of findings with its stakeholders
- Engineers Canada posts the report on this page for the public
What is the Centre for Spatial Economics (C4SE)?
The Centre for Spatial Economics is a partnership between four companies who joined forces to improve the quality of regional and small area economic information and research conducted in Canada. They are committed to furthering the understanding of demographic and economic change in Canada's provinces and sub-provincial regions.