Engineers Canada’s Fellowship program honour individuals who have given noteworthy service to the engineering profession through their work with either Engineers Canada or the provincial and territorial engineering regulators. 

Eligibility criteria 

Individuals can be nominated by Engineers Canada or its provincial and territorial engineering regulators based on the following criteria: 

  1. Professional engineers who have either: 
    1. assumed office as president of Engineers Canada Board or 
    2. assumed office as chair of the Accreditation Board or the Qualifications Board or 
    3. assumed office as president of one of Engineers Canada’s provincial and territorial engineering regulators or 
    4. served the engineering profession in a volunteer capacity for at least 10 years. The total length of service can be a combination of service on Engineers Canada’s boards, committees and/or service for their provincial and territorial engineering regulators. 
  2. Individuals who have provided an outstanding contribution to the advancement of the engineering profession within Canada for a minimum of 10 years. 
  3. Non-engineers who have met the above-criteria (1d or 2) may use the designation of FEC (Hon.). 
  4. Recipients of any of the following Engineers Canada awards: 
    1. Gold Medal Award or 
    2. Meritorious Service Award – Professional Service or 
    3. Meritorious Service Award – Community Service or 
    4. Medal for Distinction in Engineering Education or 
    5. Award for the Support of Women in the Engineering Profession. 

Engineers Canada reserves the right to cancel, withdraw, or amend a fellowship without prior notice. 

Selection process 

Nominations are accepted only from Engineers Canada or one of its member engineering regulators. Nominations and selections may be made at any time. 

List of Fellows 

Fellows of Engineers Canada can be found on our Listing of Fellows page, where you can search by recipient name or regulator. 

Replacement pins 

If your pin is damaged or lost, please contact Engineers Canada at to request a replacement at no charge.