Engineers Canada logo

The Engineers Canada Mobility Register

The Engineers Canada Mobility Register facilitates registration on the International Professional Engineers Agreement (IPEA) register and the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Engineers Agreement (APEC EA) register.

By joining the Engineers Canada Mobility Register, engineers currently licensed in Canada can use the APEC Engineer or IntPE (Canada) designations to signify that they have met the standard of registration and are prepared to conduct engineering practices internationally. They may also experience faster registration in some international jurisdictions. A list of the member countries of the IPEA and APEC Engineers is available.

Application to the mobility register is free and uses a self-assessment process whereby Canadian professional engineers declare that they meet and will maintain the qualifications to be on the registers. To maintain their status on the register, individuals on the register must annually declare that they continue to meet these qualifications.

See a complete list of engineers licensed on the register.

How to Apply

Step 1: Review the requirements of registration

To qualify for registration on the Engineers Canada Mobility Register, you must ensure that you meet the following requirements for the area of practice for which you are submitting your application.

You must:

  • be a licensed engineer with at least one of the 12 Canadian provincial and territorial engineering regulators, and be listed as being in good standing in each jurisdiction in which you are licensed to practise
  • have gained a minimum of seven years of practical experience as an engineer within the discipline for which you are seeking to be enlisted on the register.
  • have spent at least two of those years in responsible charge of significant engineering work, which is defined as work that requires the exercise of independent engineering judgment, concerning programs and projects that have been substantial in duration, cost, or complexity, and for which the applicant should have been personally accountable for their success or failure.
  • have satisfied and will continue to satisfy the continuing professional development requirements in all jurisdictions in which you practice your area of practice

Step 2: Complete the Engineering Experience and Reference Validation form

Prior to submitting your application, you must detail all your engineering experience in the Engineering Experience and Reference Validation form and have it validated by your professional references.

Step 3: Complete the online application

Once you have confirmed you meet the requirements for registration (Step 1) and after you have completed your Engineering Experience and Reference Validation form (Step 2), you may proceed with the online application. The process includes attesting that you meet the requirements laid out in step 1, as well as attesting that you have completed the forms required in step 2.Note that you will be required to provide your registration information from all relevant Canadian jurisdictions.

Start your application.

For more information

For more information contact Beryl Strawczynski, Manager, Regulatory Research and International Mobility at