We foster a work environment that challenges and empowers employees, promotes learning, teamwork, and innovation, and recognizes achievement. Employees aspire to a high-performance culture that is focused on results and represents the combination of collaboration and clear direction with scope for autonomy.
We need great people, creative ideas, and effective management of our resources. We require committed individuals who can exercise leadership at all levels in the organization.
Summer Job Opportunity: Research Student
Engineers Canada has an opening for a research student for the summer to assist with data synthesis, writing, design and layout of reports, including the discipline and enforcement activities survey, the Enrolment and Degrees Awarded Report, and the National Membership Report. Reporting to the Manager, Regulatory Research and International Mobility, the successful candidate will work both collaboratively and autonomously, evaluate the data gathering process, evaluate the format of the reports, synthesize the data, prepare some reports, review others’ reports, and enjoy writing and presenting information in a visually appealing and informative manner. This opportunity is well suited to an analytical and creative undergraduate student who is keen to gain experience synthesizing data to produce reports that will be publicly available.
Qualifications and Experience
- Second-year standing at a post-secondary institution in a related discipline
- Experienced in and enjoys gathering and synthesizing data, and report writing
- Adept in the use of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Word
- Experienced in desktop publishing or design an asset, preferably with Adobe InDesign
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new software
- Ability to bring projects to completion
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with a wide diversity of cultures within the workforce
- Proficiency in English is required; proficiency in French is desirable
The successful candidate will be available to start in June.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by email no later than May 6, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For general inquiries please contact: email@example.com
To recruitment agencies: Engineers Canada is not responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes received from recruitment agencies.