We foster a work environment that challenges and empowers employees, promotes learning, teamwork, and innovation, and recognizes achievement. Employees aspire to a high-performance culture that is focused on results and represents the combination of collaboration and clear direction with scope for autonomy.
We need great people, creative ideas, and effective management of our resources. We require committed individuals who can exercise leadership at all levels in the organization. The attributes and competencies to be successful at Engineers Canada are set out in the Executive Summary of The Engineers Canada Leader. Please review this document and consider the foregoing description of the work environment and culture before applying for any position at Engineers Canada to assess if our organization may be a fit for you.
Current Career Opportunities
Summer Job Opportunity - Research Student
Engineers Canada fosters a work environment that challenges and empowers employees, promotes learning, teamwork, and innovation, and recognizes achievement. Employees aspire to a high-performance culture that combines collaboration and clear direction with scope for autonomy.
Engineers Canada has an opening for a research student for the summer to assist with data synthesis, writing, design and layout of reports, including the Enrolment and Degrees Awarded Report. The successful candidate will work both collaboratively and autonomously, synthesize data, review others’ reports and enjoy writing and presenting information in a visually appealing and informative manner. This opportunity is well suited to a creative, undergraduate student who is keen to gain experience synthesizing data to produce a report that will be publicly available.
Qualifications and Experience
- Second-year standing at a post-secondary institution in a related discipline
- Experienced in and enjoys synthesizing data and report writing, as well as designing visually appealing and informative graphics, cover images and other report features
- Adept in the use of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Word
- Experienced in desktop publishing or design an asset, preferably with Adobe InDesign
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new software
- Ability to bring projects to completion
- Well developed oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with a wide diversity of cultures within the worforce
- Proficiency in English is required; proficiency in French is desirable
The successful candidate will be available to start mid June.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, and non-peer reviewed writing sample by email, no later May 26th, 2017 to email@example.com. Candidates, who are not the sole author of the writing sample, should highlight their contribution.