Engineers Canada exists to provide national support and leadership on behalf of engineering regulators in Canada to promote and maintain the integrity, honour, and interests of the profession.
We foster a work environment that challenges and empowers employees, promotes learning, teamwork, and innovation, and recognizes achievement. Employees aspire to a high-performance culture that is focused on results and represents the combination of collaboration and clear direction with scope for autonomy.
We need great people, creative ideas, and effective management of our resources. We require committed individuals who can exercise leadership at all levels in the organization. The attributes and competencies to be successful at Engineers Canada are set out in the Executive Summary of The Engineers Canada Leader. Please review this document and consider the foregoing description of the work environment and culture before applying for any position at Engineers Canada to assess if our organization may be a fit for you.
Current Career Opportunities
Practice Lead, Finance
Engineers Canada currently has an opening for Practice Lead, Finance, who, as the most senior finance professional, will provide leadership and guidance in the development, implementation, management, and continuous improvement of budgets, programs, policies, systems and processes related to finance, accounting, risk, fraud prevention and payroll.
- Manages and reports on financial information, compliance activities, risk assessment, and fraud prevention programs
- Prepares account reconciliations and working papers for annual audit, manages relationship with auditors and coordinates audit committee meetings
- Ensures the financial accounting system meets business information needs, and is in compliance with GAAP, internal policies, and legislative requirements
- Prepares monthly and year-end financial statements, variance reports and financial reports to external funders and compiles information for annual budgets,and quarterly forecast updates.
- Creates/amends policies and procedures to ensure streamlined accounting processing coupled with effective internal controls
- Manages investment portfolio and prepares accounting entries for investment income, government funded projects, revenue accruals and adjusting entries.
- Manages and verifies expense processing including supplier invoices, staff and meeting expenses, bi-weekly payroll processing, pension deductions, remittances, and associated expense entries
- University degree in business or accounting and Canadian accounting designation
- Seven years of financial management and leadership experience within the not-for-profit or professional association sectors
- Experienced in audit, policy compliance, fiscal analysis, and budget development
- Experienced in providing strategic advice and expertise
- Strong leadership, planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong judgment, decision-making, and project and change management skills
- Experienced working collaboratively and developing effective business relationships with stakeholders
- Leadership style that enjoys coaching, providing guidance to peers, and sharing knowledge of budget and finanical management techniques.
- Proficient in the use, configuration and continuous improvement of accounting and business software
- Proficiency in English is required; proficiency in French is desirable
Please submit your resume and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To recruitment agencies: Engineers Canada is not responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes received from recruitment agencies.