Engineers Canada exists to provide national support and leadership on behalf of engineering regulators in Canada to promote and maintain the integrity, honour, and interests of the profession.
We foster a work environment that challenges and empowers employees, promotes learning, teamwork, and innovation, and recognizes achievement. Employees aspire to a high-performance culture that is focused on results and represents the combination of collaboration and clear direction with scope for autonomy.
We need great people, creative ideas, and effective management of our resources. We require committed individuals who can exercise leadership at all levels in the organization. The attributes and competencies to be successful at Engineers Canada are set out in the Executive Summary of The Engineers Canada Leader. Please review this document and consider the foregoing description of the work environment and culture before applying for any position at Engineers Canada to assess if our organization may be a fit for you.
Current Career Opportunities
Project Change Manager
Engineers Canada has an opening for a Project Change Manager who will play a key role in helping ensure projects (change initiatives) are delivered on time and on budget by increasing adoption and usage. You will work with the internal Engineers Canada Team and Engineers Canada’s owners – the 12 provincial and territorial bodies that regulate the practice of professional engineering – to support and engage them in changes that result from Engineers Canada initiatives. Your focus will be on the people side of change – including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures ensuring these requirements are succinctly and successfully integrated into the overall project plan. In this role you will be identifying change requirements and then creating and implementing change management strategies and plans designed to expedite adoption, ensure higher utilization and minimize resistance. You will also play a critical role in developing actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: communications, sponsor roadmap, coaching, training and resistance management. As a Project Change Manager, you will act as a coach for senior leaders and executives to enable them to fulfill the key role of change sponsor. You will also be required to provide direct support and coaching to front-line managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions. The Project Change Management Practitioner will also support project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans and schedules, evaluation and planning related to user readiness, stakeholder management and the definition and monitoring of success measures. Working with key stakeholders, you will also be accountable for the design and execution of a RACI and a plan for transition to Business as Usual.
Reporting to Practice Lead, Organizational Excellence the Project Change Manager will act as an organizational resource for Change Management Practice. The Project Change Manager has blend of interpersonal skills and technical aptitude and takes pride in his/her track record in delivery of change initiatives.
Please review The Engineers Canada Leader in the Careers section of Engineers Canada’s website to learn about the competencies required to be successful in this role. If this sounds like you, please keep reading.
- Leads and manages all aspects of change initatives related to preparing for change, managing change, and reinforcing change as follows:
- Work collaboratively with sponsors, project leaders/managers, business analysts and national stakeholder groups supporting change efforts
- Work with project leaders/managers and business analysts to analyze impact, design, develop and implement elements related to the change ( training, communications, sponsorship)
- Provide direct support and coaching in Change Management practices
- Supports all aspects of project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and controlling, and closure as follows:
- Preparing for the change through the development of change management strategies, the case for change and preparing change management resources
- Managing the change through the development of integrated change management plans and implementation of those plans.
- Reinforcing the change through effective monitoring mechanisms and implement corrective actions where necessary.
- Leads and manages all aspects of project initation, planning, execution, monitoroing and controlling, and closure.
- Supports the Organizational Excellence Team in the development and continuous improvement of organizational methodologies via integration of Change Management Practices into existing methodologies.
Qualifications and Experience
- ADKAR® Prosci certification or equivalent
- University degree, PMP designation in Canada, or equivalent experience
- Five years of progressively challenging change management experience
- Proven track record of building consensus and leading change
- Proven track record of stakeholder engagement and management
- Extensive experience leading organizational change and business process improvements
- Experience integrating Change Management and Project Management methodologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with the wide diversity of cultures within staff, volunteers, clients, and the community in general
- Proficiency in English is required; proficiency in French is desirable.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email, no later than March 31, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To recruitment agencies: Engineers Canada is not responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes received from recruitment agencies.