QUEBEC CITY, QC, May 25, 2019 – Engineers Canada is pleased to welcome David T. Lynch, PhD, DSc(Hon.), FCAE, FCIC, FEC, FEIC, FGC (Hon.), P.Eng., as president for the 2019–2020 term. In the coming year, Lynch and the Engineers Canada Board will work with the engineering regulators to advance the profession in the public interest.
Lynch received his Bachelor of Applied Science in Chemical Engineering from the University of New Brunswick (1977) followed by a PhD from the University of Alberta (1982) focused on the areas of catalysis and chemical reactor engineering. He is Professor Emeritus of Chemical Engineering at the University of Alberta, following 36 years as a faculty member including 21 years as Dean of Engineering (1994-2015). During his service as Dean, engineering undergraduate and graduate student enrolments doubled and quadrupled, respectively, to a total of over 6,000 students with over 18,000 engineering graduates, over 270 new engineering professors were hired, over 50 Chair positions (endowed, industrial and government funded) were established, and five large, new buildings were constructed for engineering education and research.
An active volunteer with the engineering profession, David served on the APEGA Board of Examiners for 21 years, the APEGA Nominating Committee, and other APEGA committees. He was a member of the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board for 11 years, including serving as the Vice-Chair, Chair and Past-Chair during his final 5 years (2002-2007) on the CEAB. Associated with membership on the Engineers Canada Board, David participates in all APEGA Council meetings.
David serves on a number of boards of directors including the German Canadian Centre for Innovation and Research, the Pure North S’Energy Foundation, and he is a member of several other advisory committees and boards.
Engineers Canada is also pleased to welcome the following directors to our board:
- Jane Tink, FEC, FGC (Hon.), P.Eng., from Alberta
- Chris Zinck, FEC. P.Eng., from Nova Scotia
- Changiz Sadr, FEC, P.Eng., from Ontario
- Kelly Reid, P.Eng., IACCM CCMP, from Ontario
The 2019-2020 Board for Engineers Canada is:
- Lisa Doig, MBA, FEC, FGC (Hon.), P.Eng.
- Gary Faulkner, PhD, FEC, FGC (Hon.), P.Eng.
- David T. Lynch, FCAE, FEC, P.Eng.
- Jane Tink, FEC, FGC (Hon.), P.Eng.
- Jeff Holm, FEC, P.Eng.
- Michael Wrinch, FEC, P.Eng.
- Dawn Nedohin-Macek, FEC, P.Eng.
- Jean Boudreau, FEC, P.Eng.
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Jeff Card, FEC, P.Eng.
Northwest Territories and Nunavut
- Terry Brookes, FEC, P.Eng.
- Chris Zinck, FEC. P.Eng.
- Christian Bellini, FEC, P.Eng.
- Annette Bergeron, FEC, P.Eng.
- Changiz Sadr, FEC, P.Eng.
- Danny Chui, P.Eng.
- Kelly Reid, P.Eng., IACCM CCMP
Prince Edward Island
- Justin Dunn, P.Eng.
- Kathy Baig, FIC, ing.
- Louis Champagne, FIC, ing.
- Sandra Gwozdz, FIC, ing.
- Carole Lamothe, ing.
- Dwayne Gelowitz, FEC, P.Eng.
- Richard Trimble, FEC, P.Eng.
- Jim Landrigan, P.Eng.
For more information, contact: