Engineers Canada is pleased to welcome Russ Kinghorn, MBA, FEC, P.Eng., IntPE, as its president for the 2017–2018 term. In the coming year, Kinghorn and the Engineers Canada Board will work with the engineering regulators to advance the profession in the public interest.
Kinghorn is a practicing mechanical engineer, and Principal at Kinghorn Systems Engineering, a Cranbrook, BC, firm of forest and process industry specialists. In this role, Kinghorn has worked on numerous major integrated business planning consulting projects relating to metals smelting, metallurgical coal production, and forest products. Kinghorn graduated with a mechanical engineering degree from the University of British Columbia in 1981, and also holds an MBA from Simon Fraser University. He is a Fellow of Engineers Canada.
Kinghorn is a member of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC (APEGBC) and has served on a number of key APEGBC committees and task forces over the past 20 years. He has been Vice-President, President and Past-President of APEGBC, and Chair of its Executive Committee, a position in which he oversaw legislative changes to empower Council to secure the financial resources necessary for proper regulation of professional engineering and geoscience practice in the public interest. Kinghorn has also chaired APEGBC’s Professional Practice Committee, its Standards of Practice Improvement Task Force, and its Branch Representatives Committee.
Kinghorn has served on the Engineers Canada Board since 2011 and has been active on a number of its committees and task forces.
Kinghorn will be joined by the following Board members and advisors for the 2017-2018 term:
- Lisa Doig, MBA, FEC, FGC (Hon.), P.Eng.
- Gary Faulkner, PhD, FEC, FGC (Hon.), P.Eng.
- David T. Lynch, FCAE, FEC, P.Eng.
- Connie Parenteau, FEC, P.Eng.
- Jeff Holm, FEC, P.Eng.
- Digvir Jayas, FEC, P.Eng.
- Jean Boudreau, FEC, P.Eng.
Newfoundland and Labrador
- William C. Hunt, FEC, P.Eng.
Northwest Territories and Nunavut
- Terry Brookes, FEC, P.Eng.
- Sarah Devereaux, M.Eng., FEC, P.Eng.
- Annette Bergeron, FEC, P.Eng.
- David W. Brown, P.Eng., BDS, C.E.T.
- Danny Chui, FEC, P.Eng.
- Chris D. Roney, FEC, P.Eng., BDS
- Rakesh Shreewastav, FEC, P.Eng.
Prince Edward Island
- Justin Dunn, P.Eng.
- Kathy Baig, ing.
- Louis Champagne, ing.
- Zaki Ghavitian, M.ing., FIC, ing.
- Sandra Gwozdz, FIC, ing.
- Dwayne Gelowitz, FEC, P.Eng.
- Richard Trimble, FEC, P.Eng.
- Ann English, P.Eng.
- Wayne MacQuarrie, FEC, P.Eng.
- Dennis Peters, PhD, FEC, P.Eng.
- Stephanie Price, P.Eng., CAE
- Ishwar Puri, P.Eng.
For more information, contact:
Practice Lead, Communications