The Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board (CEAB) met on Saturday, September 18th for its 171st meeting. Highlights include:
- Presentations from Engineering Deans Canada, the Canadian Engineering Qualifications Board, and the Canadian Federation of Engineering Students
- Updates from the Engineers Canada Board, and various sub-committees and working groups of the CEAB
- The presentation of the first Accountability in Accreditation annual report assessing the transparency and effectiveness of the accreditation system (report to be publicly available in the coming months)
- Approval of the Required Visit Materials Working Group’s recommendations stemming from their recent consultation (consultation report coming soon)
- Accreditation decisions related to various program reports
The CEAB workshop, held September 19th, focused on finding alternative input measures for the accreditation system. The CEAB’s Policies and Procedures (P&P) Committee will take the ideas generated during the discussion to further its work on this subject.