As the summer winds down and the 2021/2022 accreditation visit cycle ramps up, Engineers Canada would like to extend a thank you to all who have contributed their time, knowledge, and expertise to this year’s virtual visits. We would like to extend our gratitude to:
- Institutions who took part in the first ever virtual visits in the 2020/2021 cycle. Thank you for your collaboration as we undertook visits in a new modality.
- Institutions who will host a virtual visiting team in the 2021/2022 cycle. Thank you for your flexibility and resilience as we lead up to your visit.
- 2020/2021 visiting team members who worked tirelessly to deliver virtual accreditation visits with the same level of rigor that all accreditation stakeholders have come to expect.
- 2021/2022 visiting team members who will volunteer their time this Fall and Winter to deliver a fully virtual accreditation cycle to 17 institutions, representing various programs.
- Members of the CEAB who have participated in training sessions, developed the Guide for the Virtual Evaluation of an Engineering Program, and shared their advice, leadership, and expertise to pivot our operations in support of the upcoming visit cycle.
The success of our accreditation system is truly a testament to the hard work of these individuals and it is because of their hard work that accreditation continues to be a valued component of engineering education in Canada.
With that, we wish those in academic settings a very successful Fall term!