Each year, in partnership with Manulife and TD Insurance Meloche Monnex, we award six cash prizes totalling $60,000 to professional engineers returning to university.
There are two types of scholarships:
- Engineers Canada-Manulife Three scholarships valued at $12,500 each to support Canadian engineers returning to university for further study or research in an engineering field.
- Engineers Canada-TD Insurance Meloche Monnex Three scholarships valued at $7,500 each to support Canadian engineers returning to university for further study or research. Your studies must be in a field other than engineering, but one that will complement your engineering practice.
Why apply for an Engineers Canada scholarship?
These scholarships recognize the excellence of Canadian engineers and support advanced studies and research.
Who can apply for an Engineers Canada scholarship?
To be eligible to apply for one of these scholarships, you must be:
- registered for a minimum of two full-time semesters for the upcoming academic year (i.e. between September 2019 and August 2020)
- registered as an engineer (P.Eng.) / ingénieur (ing.) in good standing with one of the provincial or territorial engineering regulatory bodies
- a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
Important to note
- The scholarships are tenable for full-time studies only
- Post-doctoral fellows are not eligible to apply
- Engineers-in-training or junior engineers are not eligible to apply
How are recipients selected?
Scholarship recipients are selected by the Engineers Canada Awards Committee based on the terms of reference and selection criteria.
When are applications accepted?
Submissions will be accepted from November 2018 until the deadline of March 1, 2019.
How do I identify a past winner?
You can search the Past Recipients page.
Engineers Canada reserves the right to cancel, withdraw or amend any award, scholarship and/or fellowship without prior notice.