SASKATOON, SK, May 26, 2018 – Engineers Canada is pleased to welcome Annette Bergeron, MBA, FEC, P.Eng., as president for the 2018–2019 term. In the coming year, Bergeron and the Engineers Canada Board will work with the engineering regulators to advance the profession in the public interest.
Bergeron has over three decades of experience in industry, academic administration, engineering and business education, entrepreneurship, and governance. She specializes in executive leadership and governance of not-for-profit corporations with experience in both the private and public sector. Bergeron graduated from Queen’s University with a degree in metallurgical engineering, and from York University’s Schulich School of Business with an MBA in Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship. She is a Fellow of Engineers Canada and will be inducted as a Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Engineering in June 2018.
Bergeron was elected as the sixth female president of Professional Engineers Ontario, serving during the 2013-2014 term. She is also a past-president and chair of the Ontario Society of Professional Engineers (2004-2005 and 2010-2011). Bergeron was recognized in 2013 and 2014 as among the Top 25 Women of Influence across Canada.
Bergeron has served on the Engineers Canada Board as a Director from Ontario since 2014 and has been active on a number of the Board’s committees and task forces.
Bergeron will be joined by the following Board directors and advisors for the 2018-2019 term:
- Lisa Doig, MBA, FEC, FGC (Hon.), P.Eng.
- Gary Faulkner, PhD, FEC, FGC (Hon.), P.Eng.
- David T. Lynch, FCAE, FEC, P.Eng.
- Connie Parenteau, FEC, P.Eng.
- Jeff Holm, FEC, P.Eng.
- Russ Kinghorn, MBA, FEC, P.Eng., IntPE
- Dawn Nedohin-Macek, FEC, P.Eng.
- Jean Boudreau, FEC, P.Eng.
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Jeff Card, FEC, P.Eng.
Northwest Territories and Nunavut
- Terry Brookes, FEC, P.Eng.
- Sarah Devereaux, M.Eng., FEC, P.Eng.
- Christian Bellini, FEC, P.Eng.
- David W. Brown, P.Eng., BDS, C.E.T.
- Danny Chui, P.Eng.
- Rakesh Shreewastav, FEC, P.Eng.
Prince Edward Island
- Justin Dunn, P.Eng.
- Kathy Baig, ing.
- Louis Champagne, ing.
- Sandra Gwozdz, FIC, ing.
- Carole Lamothe, ing.
- Dwayne Gelowitz, FEC, P.Eng.
- Richard Trimble, FEC, P.Eng.
- Ann English, P.Eng.
For more information, contact: