Provides advice and guidance to Engineers Canada on:
- Develop national position statements for all levels of governments and the public on new and existing issues important to the engineering regulators and the engineering profession.
- Ensure parliamentarians and the federal government consider the expertise of the engineering profession in policy making.
- Reviewing the existing national position statements to confirm whether updates are required.
- Develop a list of new policy topics to be considered by the engineering regulators and the Engineers Canada Board.
- Participate in Engineers Canada’s annual Hill Day to engage and educate parliamentarians and senior federal officials on Engineers Canada’s public policy priorities.
Robert H. McDonald
Manager, Public Affairs
Government Relations Specialist