Before you begin
This application usually takes about 30 minutes to complete and must be completed in a single session. You cannot save your work and come back.
Before submitting an application you must complete the Engineering Experience and Reference Validation Form and have it validated by your professional references. You will be asked to attach this to your online application.
In addition to completing the Engineering Experience and Reference Validation Form, you should also have the following materials at hand:
- all Canadian engineering registration or license numbers
- all jurisdictions of registration/licensure
- all dates of registration/licensure
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will be taken to a confirmation page and an email containing a copy of your application will be sent to your primary email address.
Applications are usually processed and certificates issued within 4 weeks if all documentation is submitted and is complete. Upon receipt, Engineers Canada will begin processing your application and will only contact you should we require additional information. You will receive your certificate by email at the address provided in your application.
If you haven’t already, please review the eligibility requirements before beginning this application.
Terms and conditions
In addition to meeting the eligibility requirements, to complete your application you must understand and indicate agreement to the following:
- That I currently am in good standing, and shall continue to maintain good standing, within every jurisdiction that I am licensed to practice.
- To be governed by and comply with the Act, By-Laws and Code of Ethics/Professional Conduct of my home jurisdiction and any other jurisdiction(s) where I practice engineering.
- That I shall be held individually accountable for my actions, both through requirements imposed by the engineering regulator(s) in the jurisdiction(s) in which I work, and through the legal processes of those jurisdictions.
- That I have met, and shall continue to meet, the continuing professional development requirements of my home jurisdiction and any other jurisdiction(s) necessary for the independent practice of the applicable engineering discipline(s).
- That I shall promptly notify the engineering regulator in every jurisdiction where I am registered to practice of any sanctions (professional, criminal, or other), revocation, or changes in my professional standing in any jurisdiction. Failure to comply will result in Engineers Canada reporting this breach of conduct to your home engineering regulator.
- That I shall suspend practice in every jurisdiction where I am registered to practice if there is a finding of incompetence or professional misconduct made against me in any jurisdiction.
- That I am required to make an annual declaration to Engineers Canada confirming that I am licensed in good standing as a professional engineer in a Canadian province or territory, have no criminal or disciplinary record, and have maintained my continuing professional development at the required level.
- That Engineers Canada may remove my name from the register for any reason, including a finding that the above terms and conditions have been breached or that any information contained in this application is false or incomplete.
- That Engineers Canada will retain collected information only for the purposes of processing my application and for anonymized program statistics.
- In order to use the designation “IntPE (Canada)” and/or “APEC Engineer”, I agree to accept the terms of the Engineers Canada Trademark License Agreement with respect to my use of the applicable term(s).
- I understand that if I am removed from the Mobility Register, I am no longer permitted to use the IntPE and/or APEC Engineer designations.