Canadian Higher education institutions (HEIs) with engineering programs receive regular accreditation visits from Accreditation Board teams, and these require extensive documentation. Here you will find key documents to help guide you through the 18-month accreditation process.
This page also contains key information for volunteers who conduct site visits, which HEIs are welcome to review to better prepare.
Documents for accreditation
The following documents are for higher education institutions preparing for accreditation visits, categorized by accreditation cycle.
2018-2019 Accreditation cycle
- Accreditation Criteria and Procedures Report 2017 (Accreditation Visit Cycle 2018-2019)
- Complete questionnaire 2017 (Accreditation Visit Cycle 2018 - 2019) [ZIP file with questionnaire and required spreadsheets]
- Calendar of Events for 2018-2019 Accreditation Visit Cycle
- Manual of Accreditation Procedures for 2018-2019 visit cycle
- Sample Visit Schedule
General working documents (Not cycle-specific)
- Evaluation of the Accreditation Visit Process Form
- Visiting Team Member Performance Evaluation form
- General Visitor Data Form
- Dossier Assessment Form - Notice of Significant Change
- Dossier Assessment Form - Reports
- Dossier Assessment Form - Visits
- Request for Accreditation Form
Documents for the accreditation visiting team
The following documents are for members of the visiting team as they prepare for and conduct their site visits. HEIs are welcome to review the resources to get a better picture of the tools the Accreditation Board visiting team uses.
- Tracking of Program Issues: Working document
- General Visitor Manual
- General Visitor Report to the provincial and territorial engineering regulators
- Visiting Team Report Template
- Suggested interview questions onsite visits
- Graduate Attribute rubric
- Continual Improvement rubric
- Sample team chair presentation
Accreditation resources under development
DRAFT materials and draft policies are in the process of being developed by the Accreditation Board’s Policy and Procedures committee. Stakeholder consultation, as appropriate, is underway or will be undertaken shortly.