If you’re critically ill, the last thing you want to worry about is how to pay the bills
The Critical Illness Plan can pay a lump-sum benefit directly to the insured upon diagnosis of a covered life-threatening condition.
Why choose this program?
- Canadians are more confident about physically surviving a critical illness than financially surviving it.
- The average cost of a single course of treatment with newer cancer drugs is $65,000. You could receive up to $1,000,000 upon diagnosis of life-threatening cancer, heart attack, stroke or one of up to 15 other common covered conditions.
- Affordable rates exclusive to engineering professionals and their spouses.
- Ten percent savings on premiums for coverage of $125,000 or more.
- Return of premiums if you die while the policy is in force and you have not received, or are not eligible to receive, a critical illness benefit.
- Health Service Navigator® gives you free access to world-class medical second opinions and medical coordination services, even if you are not making a claim.
- Two types of coverage, Essential or Enhanced, cover six or 18 conditions, respectively
- Ten percent savings for coverage amounts of $125,000 or more
- Premiums waived if you become totally disabled for three continuous months before age 65
- Premiums returned if you die without making any claims under this Plan
To help meet the costs associated with surviving a serious illness, you and your spouse may apply for benefit amounts between $25,000 and $1,000,000 for either of two coverage types:
|Heart Attack (Myocardial Infarction)|
|Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery|
|Major Organ Transplant|
|Loss of Speech|
|Motor Neuron Disease|
To sign up or for information about an existing policy, contact Manulife
Manulife Client Services: 1-877-598-2273