Being ill or injured can keep you from earning a living
With the following insurance plans, you can have financial protection against sickness and accidents so you can continue to provide for your family and employees.
Why choose this program?
- This is a program that has been tailored to self-employed engineers since 1959.
- Protect yourself from unexpected costs.
- Reinstate your coverage if you decide to cancel or join an employer program.
- Cost-of-living adjustment and buy-back option.
- Future coverage increase option if ever your salary rises.
- Exclusive rates.
- Coverage includes an Emergency Travel Assistance Program.
- Coverage moves with you if ever you change employers.
Health Care and Dental Care
According to a 2013 LIMRA study, about eight in 10 Canadians have financial concerns about the government’s ability to fund health care, the cost of long-term care, and having enough money if they become disabled or critically ill.
Supplementary health insurance starts where government coverage ends—for both routine and unexpected medical expenses.
Unexpected expenses as a result of:
Disability Income Replacement
Disability Income Replacement Insurance helps to replace a portion of your income if you become ill or injured and can't work. It provides monthly benefit payments, based on a percentage of your monthly earnings, while you are disabled and unable to perform your occupation.
Coverage for different types of disability, such as total disability, partial disability, residual disability and catastrophic loss.
- Built-in benefits at no extra cost, such as automatic cost-of-living adjustments, coverage between jobs, compassionate care and more.
- Compassionate Care Benefit provides a lump sum equal to 3 times your monthly benefit to allow you to take time off from work to care for a family member diagnosed with a terminal medical condition.
New Enhancement! The maximum monthly benefit payment has been increased from $10,000 to $15,000.
Business Overhead Expense Insurance
This plan covers business expenses that continue when your business revenue slows or stops because of disability due to an illness or accident.
- Provides up to $8,000 in monthly benefits to cover your eligible business expenses while you are disabled due to an illness or accident.
- Helps you pay for rent or mortgage interest, utilities, employee salaries and more.
- Choose between two elimination periods (14 or 30 days) after which your benefit payments begin.
To sign up or for information about an existing policy, contact Manulife
Manulife Client Services: 1-877-598-2273.